background

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

ready...set....grow!

So Bryson and I have become Gardeners! :) This is the first time I've had a garden in my life, but after watching how loyal people in Montana and Wyoming are, Bryson and I thought we better get our act together and grow something! Bryson's dad helped dig out a spot in our yard and Bryson and I purchased some seeds.  It's been intense, but it's been a really good learning experience.  We love it!

We planted the seeds and babied them for a few weeks till they seemed capable of withstanding the treacherous Idaho weather. :) 

Planting day! :)




 Next came weeks and weeks of the three w's:  waiting, watering and weeding.

several healthy plants of tomatoes, zucchini, cucumber, peas, corn, green beans and peppers. :)

We've already eaten a couple tomatoes and there's dozens waiting to turn red!



yum! :)

1 comment:

  1. ya know, my parents always had a small garden, (mostly tomatoes, which i'm not a fan of...) so i kinda grew up with it in the back of my childhood, and this spring, i thought it was a great idea to have a garden of our own. then we ended up with 2, 40'x40' garden plots. yeah. a few more potatoes and onions and tomatoes and watermelons than we could eat in a year. but the row of strawberries we can handle just fine, hahaha! way to GROW gardeners! HA

    ReplyDelete