background

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

In the words of Gwyneth Paltrow: "baby let's cruise....." *part one*

Wow! We had such a fun time on our honemoon cruise in Europe.  So beautiful!  Well, I guess you want to hold it with this boring chatter and get on with the pictures. I don't blame you......so here it goes.
 We started out by flying to Barcelona, Spain, where we met up with Bryson's parents.  They are pretty darn awesome and we had such a fun time with them.  I was especially grateful cause I got to spend more time with them and get to know them better.

We went exploring and found a little restaurant that serves tapas......little pieces of bread with different meats, cheeses and spices on top.  They were different....but delicious! Doug especially enjoyed them as you can see. :)
You can always count on Shelly for classic faces.......now I know where Bryson gets it. :)

 We wandered down Las Ramblas- one of the most famous boulevards in the world. It's full of shops and street vendors and other fun things.  There is also a HUGE market there and we couldn't resist wandering around and staring in awe at the perfect food on display.  I wanted to buy all of it.

nuts and dried fruit.  literally every single kind.

oh my gosh- look at those sweets.....can you say YUM???!  I wanted one of each....but i proudly resisted! :)



The fruits shocked us.....every single one was perfectly ripe and beautifully fresh looking.  They put our grocery stores produce sections to shame!


 GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


The magic fountain. They have beautiful water shows every night to different song arrangements.  One night it was classical music and then the next night it was an 80s medly! (all in English too!) :)


It got more and more beautiful as it got darker.


What's Jessica's favorite part of Europe?  GELATO!!!!!!  I will confess, every chance I had I would ask Bryson if we could get one.  Luckily he liked it as much as I did.  We definitely got our Gelato in. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO good!

 Doug and Shelly really appreciated their introduction to that divine little cup of heaven.

The staircase at our hotel......made me dizzy just to look down.....and this isn't even the top floor!

La Segrada Familia....a beautiful cathedral that looks very gothic.  It almost appears from a distance that someone has dripped wax down it and let it dry there.



But upon closer inspection, it is actually covered in carvings of the Saviors life.  The building depicts every main event in Christ's life that we read in the New Testament. It was very very beautiful.




The inside was stunning too. We especially enjoyed the stained glass windows.

The inside was actually created to look like a forest.  The pillars were trees and the ceiling looked like a canopy of treetops.  Stunning, original and quite fascinating.



 Shelly was equally fascinated by this guy who was a good two feet taller than her.


What a great first couple days!  

Ok.....so this took me a bit longer than I thought.....so I'm going to do this in segments.......next on the list:  FRANCE!!!!! :)

1 comment: