background

Friday, June 3, 2011

Everyone's favorite.....yardwork :)

So this morning Bryson and I decided to tackle the greatest foe that we have in this new home of ours.....the dandelions! Man- those things are EVERYWHERE in our yard, and let me tell you, they are established and quite happy where they are.  They are the most determined little buggers I've ever seen.  We've tried a bunch of stuff, and they just won't leave. So my mom was here for a bit and let us know that the only way to truly get rid of them is to dig them up by the root with a knife. So for the last few hours that's what we've been doing. It will be a lot of work, but definitely worth it. And yes everyone, I, Jessica, did indeed help with the yardwork.  I know, not like me, huh?  :)  




At the end of today's digging we had all these sacks full of em.


The funny thing is, we had only accomplished digging up this small square of our yard....but look! It's dandelion free!!!!!


Tomorrow's project?  This half of the front yard. :)

1 comment:

  1. HAHA! we have the same problemo at our little cottage! also, i never EVER liked yard work until this year! haha now i feel good after a good days yard work!

    ReplyDelete